1) Assumes the function of long-range planning for rural solid waste disposal and recycling.
2) Recommends policy to direct solid waste disposal through high tech landfill, knowing all state and federal solid waste regulations and files all required reports for the state with regard to solid waste and recycling.
3) Provides seven rural collection sites for the residents of the county. At the collection sites solid waste and recyclable products are accepted. Eleven items are accepted for recycling in the county.
4) Educates the public about recycling and offers investigations of illegal dumping of solid waste and takes any legal action available to bring about clean-up.
5) The Hertford County Landfill handles solid waste and supplies services for recycling.